[Greenbuilding] Best House

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Mon Dec 18 10:13:06 CST 2017

Hello Gennaro and all,

I would agree with Jason’s post on really exploring natural building, not as a mud hut approach, but in a modern design with vernacular building material, it can be durable, resilient, have a long life, reduce overall energy inputs to build and run, and easily repairable. Reducing the need for fossil fuels is key. Improving community interaction is the next step as Jason laid out.

Is there a market for intentional community, or co-housing where you are looking? Almost guaranteed. (us green geeks live EVERYWHERE!!! hahaha) It’s a matter of you defining what you want and how far you want to push it, and then to find those folks who get it and are in. Co-housing is a great approach with ideas and strategies well laid out, and can be sold as a different “condo mentality”.

You know we all have your back and we all want you to do this so we can live vicariously through your efforts, and/or be a part of it in some way shape or form. ;-)

Cheers

Stephen

Stephen Collette
BBEC, BBNC, LEED AP, CAHP, BSSO
Principal
Your Healthy House
Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca <http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca/>
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca <mailto:stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca>
705.652.5159