[Greenbuilding] removing paper facing from (new) fiberglass batts?

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:53:08 CST 2017

Not an expert on cathedral ceiling constructions, there has been some
really detailed info on this site from experienced builders.
However, if you can seal it on the warm (conditioned space) side, you are
theoretically good to go as far as moist warm house air condensing inside
your insulation goes. At a cathedral ceiling the positive "stack effect"
pressure magnifies any air leaks, so it is really a matter of an air
barrier. A poorly detailed pot light could be your ruination in a severe
enough climate, and I doubt some paper on the insulation would matter in
that case.............Best...............Norbert

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders