[Greenbuilding] Weight of spray cellulose

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:29:46 CST 2017

Thanks for the several responses to my query re the weight of dense pack
cellulose and its potential for causing a bulge in the drywall.

Strapping the ceiling is precisely what I would like to avoid if possible.
 ie This adds to the cost and complexity of the project.

Re weight, the question is, will 3 concentrated pounds of cellulose cause a
bulge in the ceiling drywall?  (3.5 pounds/cu ft). The openings I'm talking
about are less than a cubic foot in size.

I am assuming that is dry weight; wet would be heavier, n'est pas?

Opinions?

Thanks, Sacie