[Greenbuilding] Weight of spray cellulose

David Wentling dpwentling at ymail.com
Sat Feb 18 11:29:02 CST 2017

Remember to watch the airseal barrier location where dissimilar surfaces meet. If there is a drop ceiling lower than the main ceiling and there is open area, there could be an infiltration/exfiltration pathway. Insulation layer (Cellulose) MUST touch the back of the airseal layer (drywall) with no gaps.

If you are concern with bowing of drywall due to dense packing, consider using 5/8” thick drywall on 16” center supports.

David Wentling