[Greenbuilding] anyone have experience with this?

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Wed Jan 4 13:05:05 CST 2017

Reuben,
    Looks like the real deal to me - from FLIR.
    Earlier "Infrared" iPhone attachments I've investigated make use of
the phone's camera infrared sensitivity by blocking visible light,
letting infrared through.  But the normal phone camera sensor's infrared
sensitivity extends only a little way, not far enough to register the
temperatures we're interested in.
    FLIR was/is the main supplier of cameras that do extend into the far
infrared.  Their product info says these ones register from -4F to
248F.  Although I have no direct experience with these, I'm confident
they're the real deal.

Joe