[Greenbuilding] Composting Toilet

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Tue Jul 11 16:40:53 CDT 2017

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with self-contained composting toilets? I
am putting one in my temporary living space, while I build. I may leave
the unit in the structure afterward. I'd prefer one that does not
require specialized venting parts (some do) and that does not require a
drain to send liquids to the outside, but will consider one if the unit
is clearly a better choice. I've looked at Sun-Mar, Excel and one from
Sutherland Ontario, but have no idea which models perform well. It's for
one person. Cost, of course, is a factor!

Many thanks!

Lynelle

---