[Greenbuilding] Composting Toilet

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:02:55 CDT 2017

Not simple, either, and bulky but we built a Clivus-type mouldering toilet,
designed at McGill University, 36 years ago.
http://blacksheepinn.com/includes/images/gallery/eco_conservation/composting.toilets.12.jpg

We use it in a 2 person household and are very happy with it. It requires
electricity to ventilate to evaporate off the liquid.
We empty it every 2 or 3 years and get maybe 20 buckets of compost. Because
it is power vented, there is no smell.