[Greenbuilding] Repurposing dried up tube/bore wells for geothermal cooling

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Thu Jul 13 18:12:05 CDT 2017

Hi Sanjay and all,

I have a slide or two somewhere of a very old design used in Iraq if I remember correctly. it was using such a system, where there was an outdoor bore as well, and a nice chimney in the house, or tall house. The idea is that air would be pulled into the house after passing across the aquifer, cooling and adding a bit of moisture to the house in hot hot summer. A brilliant idea using stack effect to pull cool air into the building and through it.

Some of them really old folks knew what they were doing, long before we had an equation for it.

Stephen

Stephen Collette
BBEC, BBNC, LEED AP, CAHP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca <http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca/>
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca <mailto:stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca>
705.652.5159