[Greenbuilding] Repurposing dried up tube/bore wells for geothermal cooling

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 09:32:12 CDT 2017

Thanks, Stephen.

Very interested in the physics of buoyancy driven flows.
The chimney effect of the house in our climate kicks in at night, as soon
as it gets cooler outside than inside. Mazria's solar book from the 70's
states that you can use about 4" thickness of masonry to participate in a
24 hr solar heating cycle - so that would probably be at the upper limit
for a night-time cooling cycle. We manage pretty well without a/c and
during heat waves will boost the night time cooling with an exhaust fan.

Currently have a client in Utah desert with summer temps of 105F and winter
10F. He is blasting his house out of a cave, with a year-round ground
temperature of 65F ...............Norbert

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders