[Greenbuilding] a comprehensive, authoritative text

RWT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 21 08:24:45 CDT 2017

It's been a while since I've poked my nose into any texts since I've been retired fro some years now but I rather doubt that there is any one "comprehensive. authorative text" simply because we're talking about at least two different disciplines -- engineering and architecture.  For the most part, architects tend to be numbers-averse (and there are plenty of numbers to deal with) and engineers are "all numbers".
That being said, I would have thought that the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals would be the go-to text for the engineering design theory portion and since a design is useless without being run through an analysis which, in 2017 is done exclusively with software programs I would think that the the documentation for those programs would be "required reading".
I don't know what the Murricans use for LCA but I would highly recommend that a look be taken at the tools and publications offered by the Athena Sustainable Materials Institute.