[Greenbuilding] follow up

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:53:07 CDT 2017

My query about how best to handle spray foam blown in an unvented attic
where part of the foam would be over the still open ceiling of the rooms
below elicited lots of advice.

In the end the crew put in plywood under the blow and furred out the rest
of the ceiling.  Good and solid and expensive too.

I am learning again and again, buying an old solid house with good bones is
NOT less expensive than building from scratch.  About the only thing I'm
not having to purchase as we redo the gutted structure, is the exterior
cladding and the 2x4s in the walls.  And the nice old pine floors.

Sacie