[Greenbuilding] Skirt insulation on a Shallow Frost-Protected Foundation

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Wed Nov 1 18:16:48 CDT 2017

Hi All,

Again, I come to this learned group for advice. I have what amounts to a
SFPF.  I am laying skirt insulation and have a question. I have
sufficient EPS to meet the engineer's spec (R10), but also have extra.
Must the skirt insulation be the same all around the building or can I
add more (total R-20 or so) to the north side? I believe that the goal
is no difference in movement, so am uncertain if differing levels of
insulation will result in a different movement. On the other hand,
Mother Nature is infinitely variable, as are the NW winds I get.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Lynelle

---