[Greenbuilding] Unifoam vs Plastispan

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Tue Oct 3 17:24:35 CDT 2017

I am insulating under a floating pad. The engineer has specified 25psi
under the slab and 30 psi on outer edges. I've been looking at two
products: Unifoam 25/30 and Plastifab 25/30. Aiming for R35 under the
slab.  Price differential is significant (Unifoam is nearly $3000 more)
for the house.

Has anyone had experience with either product? From the specs, Unifoam
appears to absorb less water and has less deflection, but both are
within the ASTM spec for the issue.

Many thanks for any insights!

Lynelle Hamilton

---