[Greenbuilding] Unifoam vs Plastispan

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 07:13:31 CDT 2017

We worked on an interesting off-grid house 1/2 hr north of Toronto once,
which was designed not to freeze when it was unoccupied in the winter. Slab
on grade, with earth bermed north wall. Substantial interior mass. High
performance windows with different low e coatings for south and west
orientations. 20 year ago PV panels.  It was designed to never get below
50F and in fact has never gotten below 60F when unoccupied in the winter.
In this case, the slab was coupled to the ground (no insulation)

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders