[Greenbuilding] Protecting outdoor deck wood

Koehn Chris chris at koehn.com
Wed Sep 6 13:58:38 CDT 2017

Beatrice,

I live on Vancouver Island, have also worked with salvage water tank redwood (though not as a deck).
While not as natural as wax or natural oils we’ve had great luck with Sansin products. They are made in Canada, are easy to work with, and very durable. They are also water based (as is the law here) and as such have no odour.
http://www.sansin.com/environment/
Durability and not having to re-coat frequently is an important consideration as well in my opinion.

Regards,

Chris Koehn
Van Isle