[Greenbuilding] rigid foam inside Larsen Truss?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 10:32:58 CST 2018

I have a line on 3-1/2" rigid foam panels for pretty cheap. My 1894 house
has (of course) 2x4 walls into which I've blown dense pack cellulose. For
stage 2, I was going to add a Larsen truss (another 2x4 wall with a big
cavity between inner and outer walls) and blow cellulose into the rest for
an eventual 11" thick wall. But with these panels showing up I'm wondering
if there are reasons not to place these as the middle layer of a cellulose
sandwich? Seems like a quick and in this instance cheap way to get a lot of
'r'. But I also don't want to do anything stupid when it comes to moisture.

Thoughts?