[Greenbuilding] ventilation and urine-diverting dry toilet

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:22:46 CST 2018

Those are all excellent suggestions, and much appreciated Stephen.
I've thought of some of them and planned to experiment in particular with
- replacing the OEM flex hose for exactly the reasons you suggest, and
- blocking the front under-rim area with a piece of thin plastic bent to
seal it off for the reasons you mentioned.
Interestingly the manufacturer of this toilet obliquely admitted in one of
their communications to me that the successor model of this toilet features
what sounds like a P-trap. I'd not thought of an elegant way to construct
one, though borrowing a page from the waterless urinals and using whatever
oil I understand they use as an odor seal could be useful to.

I will see about trying some or all of these and if any work I'll report
back.

Thanks again. .