[Greenbuilding] Urine-diverting/urine-separating toilets Re: Greenbuilding Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9

Carol Steinfeld carol at carol-steinfeld.com
Fri Jan 12 16:13:50 CST 2018

Reuben, as I said, due to varying installations, mostly to do with the
placement of large urine tanks, the optional odor filter was added to the
EcoFlush.

There are two original model urine-diverting EcoFlush toilets in homes you
can tour in California.

The EcoDrys I have here have no odor filter.

We get very few odor complaints. The big complaint is for public
installations: New users don't know what these are and put toilet paper in
the urine drain. Little kids poop into the urine drain (we have a child's
seat for them now).
The biggest complaint was at a school long ago: Overly strong fans had been
added to the composters, pulling odor out of the urine tanks (and 2 feet of
horizontal line).

You say the urine is drained to a tin pail.

If you'd like to join the Ecovita discussion list of urine-diverting toilet
users, let me know.

Carol
Ecovita