[Greenbuilding] Year-round thermal comfort & insulation

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 06:46:18 CDT 2018

Hi Reuben:

Yesterday, the interior temperature peaked at around 78F by the time it was
around 7-8 pm and time to open the windows again. It only got down to 70F
last night, and the walls (the wall that I measured yesterday, which is on
the first floor) are at 74F. Right now (7:30 am) it is still 70F outside,
so we'll run the upstairs window fan for another hour or so. The second
floor walls run about 2F warmer. The house is not super-insulated. 4" of
(continuous) SM foam (R20) on the outside, and R-20 in the roof.

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders