[Greenbuilding] Photovoltaics and EMFs

Antonioli Dan solardan26 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:11:45 CDT 2018

Someone recently told me that you shouldn’t put PV systems on roofs because they produce a massive and unhealthy amount of EMFs that get into your home. They heard this from a naturopathic doctor and were pretty much convinced of it. I’ve done a casual search online for articles that would address this but there’s not much and the test results seem inconclusive. I pointed out that if they were concerned about EMFs they should consider all of the AC wiring in their home and all of the appliances, etc. An electric stove kicks out a lot of EMFs, but people tend to obsess over specific things, like smart meters, etc.

Has anyone researched PV and EMFs? Or measured it?

Dan Antonioli
Laytonville Ecovillage