[Greenbuilding] Question

Lynelle A. Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Mon Dec 2 11:46:46 CST 2019

A discussion with a building inspector prompts this.

I have 3 separate exits off sliding doors that have stairs that span a
height of 2 feet. The top step is level with the door threshold, so
there is approx 18" depth at the top. There are three additional steps.
The inspector is requiring a landing at the top because there are more
than 3 risers overall.

I can't find the section of the Ont. BC that mandates a landing, and my
carpenter says he's never encountered this.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks!

Lynelle