[Greenbuilding] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Remodeling concerns

Lynelle A. Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Sun Feb 18 19:21:41 CST 2024

Hi Ben,

Two things.

I have 4 heat pumps that provide zoned forced air heat.  I love them.
Propane in Ontario is very expensive and the rates somewhat volatile.
Electricity somewhat less so. Heat loss for the house is calculated at
44K BTU, and the 4 heat pumps total 36KBTU. No problems and the systems
aren't running past peak efficiency.  I do have a wood stove that I use
on really cold days to offset the load, but that's on -30C and
relatively rare.

I have a steel roof with no decking (soon to be installed vapour barrier
between insulation and steel--builder's error and fixed at his cost).
when I looked at it, CCF was an option for a steel roof, but the risk of
rust is still present.  I'd do Rockwool.

Glad this list is still going!

Lynelle

www.avg.com