[Stoves] K Smith Article in Energy for Sustainable Development

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 19:10:24 CST 2010

Dear AD

It is by your example that I am trying to learn to be wise, patient,
dedicated and to lead others in some small part of this vast enterprise
called life, the universe and everything.

Thanks for your many contributions to the science of development (and your
whole family)!

Best regards

Crispin

Dear Stovers,

In September 2010, I was in Montana, U.S.A. They have ponderosa pines on the
mountainsides and I saw many forest fires.  I showed my host, how to
fabricate a charring kiln from a 200 litre barrel and demonstrated to him
how he can produce his own charcoal from the pine needles. We even
constructed a briquetting machine from an old meat mincer. Both the devices
were successful and my host took me around in his truck and we demonstrated
this technology to several of his friends. So it's not only Yoga and
meditation that the U.S. citizens learn from us Indians.

Yours