[Stoves] Air supply in TLUDs

Otto Formo formo-o at online.no
Sun Dec 5 08:49:59 CST 2010

Dear all,
I just happend to see this statements about the TLUD ND PekoPe and are a bit surprized that Dean, claims "his" TLUD only can use pellets and for how long the pellets lasts in the combustion chamber as a flame and charcoal.

To my knowledge, the real "PekoPe" burns with an open flame for about two hours and glow for another 4-5 houers by using 2,5 kg of pellets made out of wood (pine)..!?
The other thing I noted was that "his" TLUD gives a number of 400 mg PM, while Paal`s prototype done at the Aprovech Research Center, only gave 223 mg PM in 2009!?
A lot of water has passed in the river Nile since then, even in Zambezi...........:)

Good advice:
Leave it to others to test and tune the TLUD ND Gasifier Units, please....................

Otto
Forester and still a TLUD ND "PekoPe" fan............without a fan........