[Stoves] Drawing down the dung pile

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:47:32 CST 2010

Dear Burners of Recycled Biomass

We took delivery today of three (barely) steaming bags of goat and cattle
dung with a view to starting to look for ways to burn it cleanly in space
heating stoves.

If there is interest from anyone in cooperating (by making stoves and trying
them) we should start a thread here, preferably.

I have already heard from a couple of people and Prof Lodoysamba is
particularly interested. He says there are large amounts of goat dung which
is normally not burned by nomads, though cattle dung is. Probably the reason
is that no one has made a stove tuned to consume Capra Crap. Well, let's put
that omission behind us!

We can call it the Crapra Stove Project - an international effort to turn
steaming pellets into steaming pullets.

The focus will be on North Asia because that seems to be where the current
interest is.