[Stoves] Disapprovals about being too closed. Re: Air supply in TLUDs

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:34:48 CST 2010

On Monday 06 December 2010 22:29:45 Otto Formo wrote:
> Dear AJH,
> may be it was not you I seconded on Copyrigths and Patents, but all the
> same. I was very "surprised" to hear that WorldStove" dont do any
> testing of their stoves, but convinced that they have done a nice piece
> of ingeneering on their "Lucia". Design, one thing, tests another
> important issue to take into consideration when you promote cookstoves.
> Biochar is a different story and their choice............

I see Nat has answered that one for you Otto, I'm still catching up on the
day's posts.

> Do you happend to have any recommendation on pelletsboilers?

I'm not sure I have enough experience to answer that. I have worked with
early american envirofires and cannot recommend these early examples for
europe as they were manufactured to get around an american standard, as a
result their efficiency suffered.

The ones I have done maintenance on are the Kunzel 25kW ones and the only
problems we have had with them over 5 years are poor or welt pellets and
one unit which ran almost constantly in the winter for 5 years suffered
from lack of maintenance and eventually some of the plates buckled and
caused a fire to back up into the hopper. No major damage but it was
beyond economic repair.

I'm told more modern offerings are much better from Italian manufacturers
but my experience is all 5-10  years out of date.

AJH