[Stoves] Art's stove project in Costa Rica

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 22:11:53 CST 2010

Crispin et al:(adding two biochar lists)

1. Crispin's "reciprocity" statement below refers to statement i this video by Art Donnelly (of Seachar) - about giving back to the earth. I agree with Crispin and think this could be a powerful marketjng message for char-making stoves - with a new psychology offered for not further combusting ..
the char.

2. There is a similar video with Art at http://www.solcolibri.com/work.html

3. Speaking of marketing, I went to a climate meeting a few days ago and heard of a successful Park City Utah climate-marketing campaign called S.O.S - (... --- ...) that meant "Save Our Snow). It made me think of course of SOS = "Save Our Soil". Now we need a way to tie the "save" more into a "reciprocity" frame.

4. Thanks again to Art - who is really doing a nice job, with IBI support, in Costa Rica. I had not realized how extensice his work is there The extensive use of Spanish in these videos can be very helpful in convincing certain un-named parties that char-making stove really can save forests and help the poor. (and are super clean).

Ron