[Stoves] [biochar] Capturing carbon in the timber industry

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:36:20 CST 2010

Thanks tom.

I have not seen a % cited before for the bark. I presume that is the dry mass. Is it known on a general basis what the nutrient % is in that 20% of the dry mass?

We have burned plantation residues in industrial boilers in New Zealand. In order to make a clean fuel the nutrient laden bark, limbs and branches are pretty well stripped and left in the soil. I think that amounts to about 20% of the total biomass.

Tom