[Stoves] Modified traditional Mongolian stove - pictures

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 09:42:02 CST 2010

Dear Jeff

>I can vouch for Crispin's push back scheme for I also did the same with a
wood burner. About five >years ago I showed this to Roger.

I am noting that I recognize you work. What I was doing was based on the
SeTAR Centre's experience with TLUD coal burning - a method known as
Bas'enjengo Magogo (BJM) [basa means 'light' in the sense of ignite].
Generally it is translated as 'light it like grandma does'.

It is a wood ignited TLUD coal fire. As usual the problem is it can't easily
be refuelled. Turning it on its side turns out to be possible in a coal
stove, though not in an open fire.

>I've often wondered if anybody has built a horizontal TLUD ? ? ?

I will address this in another post because people made contributions in the
meantime.

Regards
Crispin in Waterloo - practically your neighbour!