[Stoves] re-kindling stoves

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 17:23:17 CST 2010

On Sunday 26 December 2010 21:58:16 Richard Stanley wrote:

> [...]

E-mail is a fantastic medium for bridging large distances but nothing
beats hands on, face to face.

No this seems to be a holding page now. No matter because I remember the
discourse from a couple of years back.

Firstly if allowing all the combustion air through the hole works well
enough to my mind that's good enough.

What I was trying to get was a bit more control, now generally you need to
pass about 6 kg of air for every dry ash free mass of biomass. If you
pass all this air through one whole you probably don't have any means of
preventing too much primary air and a possible runaway condition which
can only be controlled by removing fuel.

With Rok's configuration I would expect there still to be too much air.

What I wonder is if the  briquettes could be fed onto a tube through which
the primary combustion ( from air passing between the hole and the tube
with a separate control) could induce secondary air moving the secondary
combustion slightly away from the briquette.

AJH