[Stoves] Chimneys

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 01:53:00 CDT 2010

Dear Joyce

A chimney offers the possibility (because of air control) to drastically
reduce the creation of CO in the first place. CO is a product of incomplete
combustion so the first question is to ask, 'can we prevent it being created
in the first place?' instead of 'how do we get it out of the house?]

Ideally a stove with something as expensive as a chimney ($5) has good
combustion as a result!

>On Behalf Of Nancy Sanford Hughes

If the chimney is internal, such as in the Ecocina, it's extremely
efficient.

Nancy

On Oct 30, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Joyce Lockard wrote:

>Why is no one talking about chimneys that get rid of the CO safely? And
doesn't the addition of a chimney change the >dynamics of any stove?