[Stoves] FW: Announcement of the IIEA-Project Gaia Appropriate Scale Alcohol Fuel Production Seminar -- Global Solution for Cooking, etc.

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sun Nov 7 12:25:21 CST 2010

Lloyd,

 Thanks for considering us but we are not really into a mass production activity. Rather we are focussing on production by the masses in the form of hundreds of small entrepreneur / producer teams catering to their own local markets.

It could be that you are seeing this as a way to go for larger small business teams catering to the more urban areas too but I'm not convinced of the real demand for it, given the plethora of cheap natural gas and petroleum there, unless the government has decided to put its foot down ...

But here are some numbers to banter around for comparisons sake:
The 12 to 15 (150 gram, hollow core, wet process biomass briquettes made by any of the 20 odd hand presses out in circulation now, --even with a good 5 to 8 kw hammer mill to speed up material preparation--- will  cost the family of say five persons, about 15% of the briquette producer's daily wage.

Just out of curiosity, how does that compute in comparison to local solid fuel costs , if indeed such is the predominant fuel type in use ?

Richard Stanley