[Stoves] Documenting Health effects of cooking with open fires

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sun Nov 7 13:16:32 CST 2010

Tom , While I was just being facetious in the last post to you, I can say that hopefully we will have a much better idea about actual uptake in the user's own areas, as a result of the conference here in Arusha Tanzania (we are about to launch a briquette producer's workshop with participation from about 50 producers/project managers trainers all of whom have dipped their hands into briquetting-- over ten nations in Africa....).
We will post up the results of the input from the participants in about ten days.
While it should give us a good idea of the spread of briquetting, we cannot predict the kind of stoves or burning methods being employed. Although with your questions thus raised abut stoves and cooking conditions, perhaps we can just ask the presenters. Will also be asking about any traditional means of sensing too much CO...

Richard
Arusha,Tz