[Stoves] Coal Heater

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 07:56:33 CST 2010

Thanks Jeff

Very good thermal efficiency. I wonder two things: what is the exit
temperature, and does it have a flue depositing problem? I suppose the
latter has to do with the amount of bitumen in the coal and the temperature
of the fire.

I just received this morning the first fuel consumption reports from home
users in 'gers' (yurts) in Ulaanbaatar. The stove is the GTZ 7.2 which is
probably going to be referred to as a GTZ 7 until it gets a name. (I am
keeping track of the tiny changes with a second number.) They say 50% fuel
saved. Bang on target and more importantly, the heterogeneous testing
protocol and thermal efficiency calculation method predicted this number. It
is a confirmation for the method (which interests me as much as the stove!)
of determining stove performance.

I will bring forward more information as the year ends. The consumption is
about 1 kg per hour average and the average power is 5.5 kW. This is nearly
identical to the rather interesting round-topped bucket stove you have. I am
really interested in getting some emission figures for it.

Best regards
Crispin packing my ear muffs