[Stoves] South African pressurised paraffin stove and heater standard published

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:40:04 CST 2010

Dear Friends

The notice below is official. The standard applies to stoves that have more
than 200mm of pressure (gauge) in them. There is a section that exempts
'gravity stoves' like the FSP and the REDI stoves from quite a bit of the
standard if the internal pressure does not exceed 2 metres.

Prof Philip Lloyd chairs the Working Group and it has been my pleasure to
work with him on this for several years. Others have now taken up the
cudgel, so to speak.

The revision of SANS 1243 Pressurized paraffin-fuelled appliances  has been
approved and published in accordance with procedures of SABS Standards
Division.

If you would like to purchase any standard please contact our  Standards
Information Services Department, their contact details are as follows:

Telephone: (012) 428-6666
E-mail: info at sabs.co.za.

Kind Regards

Thandazile Dube