[Stoves] Domestic cook stove session: Call for abstracts: Domestic Use of Energy Conference 11-13 April 2011

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:08:09 CST 2010

For the information of anyone interested:

John Davies: Would you be interested in presenting some findings from your stove work?

We started at DUE in 2009 with a thimble of work, a cupful in 2010 and in 2011 we get our own stove session! Maybe even more than one.

Regards
Crispin at U Johannesburg

From: Harold Annegarn <hannegarn at gmail.com> (Geography Dept, Univ of Johannesburg)

Dear Colleagues
Please see call for abstracts for the 2011 Domestic Use of Energy Conference.

At the previous DUE conference, we discussed having a dedicated session on domestic stoves and fuels.
This is an opportunity for us to get together as a South African stoves community, exchange results and experiences, and find ways to collaborate for further developing our various applications.

Please give attention to sending in your abstracts as normal contributions, with copies to David Kimemia <dkimemia at gmail.com>  who will assist in organising a special session(s) within the DUE programme, provided that we receive a broad enough and representative number of papers.

I envisage at least three sections:  New technical developments of stoves and fuels; testing protocols and test results of emissions and thermal performance of stoves/fuels; social engagement with stove users, including uptake, surveys, marketing, economics of manufacturing and distribution.

Please feel free to forward this invitation to other colleagues who may have an interest in participating.

Please note that the DUE papers are refereed and that the conference proceedings qualify as refereed conference proceedings under the Department of Education funding criteria.

Best regards

Harold