[Stoves] [OT] Politicians and common sense

David G. LeVine dlevine at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 21 20:48:55 CST 2010

On 11/21/2010 07:11 PM, Carefreeland at aol.com wrote:
> DD We just need to educate the politicians daily and out yell the
> forces that detract them from common sense.
>         Dan Dimiduk

Dan,

The problem is that the general public has been "dumbed down" to make
elections more of a popularity contest.  If you spout the "party line",
("Shave the Whales!"), you get elected, if you state an unpleasant fact,
you don't.

Politicians primary responsibility is to get elected.  That means that
they will pander to the electorate and ignore reality, that means common
sense is a poor choice if they need to continue to serve.

Dave  8{)