[Stoves] Biochar Projects for Science Students

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 15:38:27 CST 2010

I've taken my reply to Steve offlist as it wasn't relevant to [stoves] and
was not intended for the list.

Neither is biochar in the broad sense other than using cookstoves to
produce it.

There was a bit of synchronicity in my reply because following Alex
English's  large scale experiments to produce biochar I tried to persuade
various places using biomass to try modifying their boiler to produce
char without success.

I did find a horticultural reseach establishment willing to try but they
had no boiler. So I secured a little used boiler from a depot being
downsized and the research establishment had cold feet. Hence my need to
find a home for it.

AJH