[Stoves] 10-10-10 events?

saibhaskar Nakka saibhaskarnakka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:58:27 CDT 2010

Dear Erin Rasmussen,

We could organize 10-10-10 event with the theme "Discovering Biochar and
Good Stoves" at GEO Research Center
http://e-georc.blogspot.com<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fe-georc%2Eblogspot%2Ecom&urlhash=1f6v>
 .Youth, NGOs and Farmers participated in the event, although the group, we
could well organize the exposure visit and as well share our experiences
with the participants. As it was Sunday, we have organized the event two
days earlier for 250 high school children from our project villages,
lecture, exposure visit at GEO Research Center. It is surprising that the
term "stove" does not appear in any of the text books of children, although
especially almost all the girls sometimes cook to support their parents.
When facts about the inefficient stoves and the impacts were shared, they
listened with interest. We are planning to construct an Institutional stove
for their mid-day meals served in the school, now they are using three
three- stone stoves.

Please see the link for photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/saibhaskar.gsbc/DiscoveringBiocharGoodStoves101010#<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fsaibhaskar%2Egsbc%2FDiscoveringBiocharGoodStoves101010%23&urlhash=yCvB>

http://picasaweb.google.com/saibhaskar.gsbc/ChildrenBiocharAndGoodStoves#<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fsaibhaskar%2Egsbc%2FChildrenBiocharAndGoodStoves%23&urlhash=i3-b>

<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fsaibhaskar%2Egsbc%2FChildrenBiocharAndGoodStoves%23&urlhash=i3-b>Dr.
N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy
GEO, http://www.e-geo.org | http://goodstove.com | http://biocharindia.com
Mobile No. (+91) 9246352018 or 9505760669