[Stoves] MUST CHARCOAL BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

Otto Formo formo-o at online.no
Wed Oct 13 16:56:09 CDT 2010

Dear Kevin,
what you actually are "saying" is that people in developing countries have no common sense and knowledge about polution from open fires.............
Why do they use open fires for cooking?
The most ovious reason is that they have no choice or options.
Secondly, this is how it has been done for centuries.
It "works", why change?
The women do the collecting of wood and the cooking, so why bather........

There is also no question about that even the best and most efficient charcoal stoves (without a chimmny) emitts far more CO than any TLUD gasifier stove.
The other fact is that CO also kills people in the "western" world as well by "missuse" of gas for heating and cooking, but it does not mean that we should stop using it!
BUT we should be VERY carefull by using open flames indoors without good ventilation.
This is something we learn in school at early age.
If any positive progress should be "stoped" by missuse of just a few there is no way the "World" are going to move "forward", ever.
Otto