[Stoves] MUST CHARCOAL BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

frank frank at compostlab.com
Fri Oct 15 13:15:47 CDT 2010

Dear Crispin and all,

Was going to pass by this (and probably should : )) but there was a
point that bothered me.

Smoke is a bad thing anyway you look at it.

If the mosquito problem, or  rodents in the thatch roof  problem is
solved using our smoke they will never move forward to a safer lifestyle
- because problem solved.  These problems are not ours. Our problem is
providing a smoke free environment, using less fuel, faster cooking
etc. These mosquito and rodent problems are for someone else. Window
screens, screened doors, different roofs - whatever they come up with.
If people still want to use smoke let them (we can't stop them) but our
goal is to provide a safe, smoke free environment with our stoves. Lets
keep on track.

Frank