[Stoves] CO- and Oxygen-affinity to haemoglobine

Otto Formo formo-o at online.no
Wed Oct 27 03:23:07 CDT 2010

Dear Andrew,
May be your urban myth has some sense of thruth,
"Climbing" Kilimanjaro some ten years back we noticed that the less trained people had less "problems" facing the thin air of the summit.
We also have had incidents of trained and Olympic champions having huge problems with hightsickness climbing or even hikeing in high altitudes.

This does not mean that I recomend people to start smoking.
But the "fact" that smokers are "used to suffer" from "lack" of oxygen and their bodies has adapt to operate "normaly" during these circumstanses, even at lower altitudes, like sea level in NYC.....:)

Otto