[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 8, Issue 7

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:55:09 CDT 2011

Dear Erich

Good points.

It seems to me that generating electricity with the off-gas of charcoal production would deliver many benefits for the rural people.

The should also stop wasting char from the bottom of the pit, but rather make briquettes from everything and sell them to townspeople.

There are many efficiencies yet to be captured.

+++++++++++

all this talk of cleaner burning stoves using charcoal vs burning wood
instead to eliminate charcoal production might be avoided if somehow
the charcoal makers can be encouraged to make charcoal retorts that
utilise the offgassing flammables to fire kilns, ovens or industrial
processes, then on-sell the charcoal.

either way the wood is going to get burnt. might as well improve the
efficiency of utilisation, or put an other way, the footprint.

all we have to worry about then is Jevons paradox......

my 2c worth

Erich Heinzle