[Stoves] Fish Smoking

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Tue Apr 12 19:13:05 CDT 2011

In my project area, the coast at the border of Nigeria and Cameroon, and
afaik, in much of West Africa, artisanal fish smoking is done without
brining.  Wood is expensive enough.  Salt would be an additional expense
(but necessary for sun drying).  Hard smoked fish will last for months on
the shelf, and, if it starts to go bad, will often be smoked again.  I
have several references saved, but it may take a day or two to put them
together.  Its also probably time to shake the tree of knowledge again to
see what's new.

Andrew (Not AJH)