[Stoves] Wood fired, two-stage gasification employed

Robert Taylor rt at ms1.hinet.net
Wed Aug 3 18:49:07 CDT 2011

Here's a rough and ready translation of the German in the two pages that
Martin links to:

Umwelttechnik:

Environmental technology

To reduce environmental loads, the legal limits on CO and fine particulate
emissions have been redefined. The planned limits are:

Fine particulates:

Legal limit from 2008: 100 mg/m3; from 2015: 40 mg/m3

xeoos Twinfire emissions, 2008: 22 mg/m3

Carbon monoxide:

Legal limit from 2008: 2000 mg/m3; from 2015: 1250 mg/m3

xeoos Twinfire emissions, 2008: 625 mg/m3

The xeoos, with its patented combustion process, not only meets these
values, but goes far below them, even at partial or minimum loads. This is
achieved by:

- Burning exhaust gases at 1000-1200 deg C

- 180-degree inertial separation of suspended particulates from exhaust
gases in lower combustion chamber

- intelligent air routing inside stove leads to maximum heat transfer into
room

Brenntechnik:

Combustion technology

In the xeoos Twinfire combustion process, the exhaust gases created by the
burning of wood in the upper combustion chamber undergo an afterburn at
temperatures of 1000-1200 deg C and are thus converted into additional heat
and energy. In this way the xeoos achieves:

- efficiency of over 90% throughout the burn period

- up to 40% less ash generation for the same heat output, compared to a
xeoos fireplace stove not operating in twinfire mode

- up to 40% lower fuel consumption for the same heat output, compared to a
xeoos fireplace stove not operating in twinfire mode

- extremely low proportion of fine particulates, and very low proportion of
CO, in exhaust gases

- consistently low emissions even at partial or minimum load

Facts:

- body in steel sheet 4 mm thick

- front frame in gray cast iron

- combustion chamber cladding in vermiculite

- combustion chamber floor in special refractory* material

(*the meaning of the German word is probably more specific than this; see
"Schamotte" in German Wikipedia)

- double floor in highly heat resistant stainless* steel

(*"Edelstahl" is usually translated as "stainless steel", but not every
Edelstahl is stainless, and not every stainless steel is an Edelstahl; the
term covers various special-purpose steels, as defined by the relevant
standards)

- twinfire grate in highly heat resistant stainless steel

- ash box in highly heat resistant stainless steel

- simple, ergonomic control via two thermally decoupled control elements

- free choice of top or rear flue outlet

- all stoves can be equipped with xeoos adaptor for external combustion air
feed

- xeoos stoves can optionally be equipped to be rotatable

- the xeoos burns with normal chimney draft

- five years' warranty on body

Figure:

Twinfire tuner

Door handle/Twinfire starter