[Stoves] Jatropha and its future

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:14:59 CDT 2011

    I can tell you that our natural draft stove with a 7.5cm diameter chimney that is 152 cm from the rear mounted flue to the chimney cap provides plenty of draft to run our primay as well as secodary combustion air feeds while ensuring that the loading door can be opened during operation w/o smoke back, therefore near zero emission release into the room one is heating or cooking in. If we adapt any fans they will be to increase convective heat transfer only
Good day, Roger

p.s. this is drastically hampered if flex chimney is used as the velocity is reduced  with out the smooth wall pipe.

The gasifier fan: Given the tiny amount of power needed to run the gasifier, will not a very short chimney section on top provide the same effect without the fan?Thanks
Crispin>We operate it at less than 10% of its wattage.

stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

http://www.bioenergylists.org/