[Stoves] Jatropha and its future

Boston Nyer bostonnyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 00:52:37 CDT 2011

FYI: In addition to being toxic when ingested (as previously discussed),
some phorbol esters can activate tumors.  Although compounds may break down
during the normal cycle of the stove, they may not when it is being lit.
When testing the toxicity of emissions from J stoves, we must test at the
various times during pyrolysis.  In my opinion we should be extremely
cautious regarding the toxicity before promoting this stuff.  If you are
interested in literature on the toxicity of Jatropha, Harrinder Makkar at
the University of Hoffenheim has published a significant amount.

Boston