[Stoves] Fwd: The Charcoal Project

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Thu Aug 25 18:40:36 CDT 2011

Very true  Trevor:

The video quality is good and filmography excellent, but the story is rather depressing in lieu of not alternatives no highlites of options. Give a local fuel briquetter  the 15 to 20% dust and scraps from just the selling station in the local markets and they can reduce raw demand for that charcoal by about 40% while reaching the same market populaiton. That and the potential for true bio char/biomass charcoal making:  No one mention of these alternatives although ther is one short shot of a locally made  oil drum kiln full of leaves & stems etc.......Seems a sad omission indeed but you know what: It does not really matter: The market for the existing alternatives can only rise  as demand for charcoal rises and charcoal supply diminishes...

Pressing on,
R Stanley
www.legacyfound.org
NW Obamaland