[Stoves] Wendlelbo's : Re Large TLUD --- TLUD Stove history

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:50:27 CDT 2011

Dear AD

Can you please forward a set of photos of the stove and the stove working?

I would appreciate it. If you can, please indicate which portions are not
needed or perhaps a photo of a simpler version.

Thanks
Crispin

+++++

Dear Stovers,
if you have a very simple stove with a grate at the base of the firebox, you
can eliminate almost all the smoke. The air coming through the grate is the
primary air and the air entering the firebox through the fire mouth (the
opening through which the wood sticks are
inserted) is the secondary air. The primary air causes the wood to burn and
the secondary air enters the flames to burn the volatiles. By playing around
with this simple configuration, we have designed a stove that has become
quite popular in the area where we operate. TLUD works in a similar manner,
but it suffers from the disadvantage that one cannot add or reduce the fuel
quantity, which is possible in our stove. Rajan had some time ago reported a
similar configuration, but he made the system unnecessarily complicated by
having the primary air coming into the firebox through a tube. A simple
grate is good enough.
Yours
A.D.Karve