[Stoves] Stove terminology

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:27:23 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 19:24:39 Steve Taylor wrote:
> On 30 August 2011 22:59, Boll, Martin Dr. <boll.bn at t-online.de> wrote:
> >  ** **
> >
> > Dear  Crispin,****
> >
> > ** **
> >
> > http://www.xeoos.de/technik/umwelttechnik.html****
> >
> > ** **
> >
> > This stove first starts bottom lit natural draft earth to sky. ****
> >
> > When burning: draft is changed sky to earth.****
> >
> > When refuelled –While burning- draft for that moment earth to sky.
> > When refuelled and stove is closed again, then again draft sky to
> > earth
>
> Martin,
>
> I see your clever stove and offer in response ;-)
>
> http://www.wallnoefer.it/cgi/sdcgi.exe?USERID=25760132DDEF731103E0347DD
>&SID=E&action=mtemplate&ebene=005002&mkrecno=23&iklasse=1&REPLTPL=TPLSPA
>RTE,TPLEMPTY

Martin and Steve these are interesting looking heaters, does it mention
whether they forced air, the downdraught section certainly looks like it
has a high velocity. I'm familiar with the batch loaded Kunzel and Kob
gasifier boilers but these are orced air and in the case of the kunzel
the primary compartment is presurrised and so cannot be opened in use.

I'm also surprised that the glass can stay clear in the primary combustion
chamber, one would have expected those lazy flames would be quite tarry.

AJH